Sunday, March 12, 2006

It works better than Botox!

Sometimes life doesn't work out as planned.

My ski trip after my last post was one such example. I had decided to go somewhere new, and went to Norra Djurgarden. Unfortunately the ski tracks there are not so well prepared or well marked.

By the time I finally found the narrow track, I was impatient to get started and skied straight down the hill (down the uphill I think). I managed to stay upright for a long time which I was amazed about. Unfortunately this meant that when I saw the tree I didn't have much time to react. And when I hit the tree, I hit it really fast.

Of course, that night when I was watching TV, wondering what hit me, someone rung and asked to interview me the next day. Isn't that always how life works!

On the brightside things are now looking a bit better. I can once again see out of my left eye, and on Saturday, I had a wonderful couple of hours of skiing in the sunshine. So I still love skiing, but now I am a little more careful than before.

And like everything in life there's always a few things to learn from an experience like this.

  1. Using your face to protect your body is not a good idea.
  2. Even cross country skiing is dangerous. Invest in a helmet.
  3. People sometimes do look at you on the tunnelbanan. (Infact they sometime even offer to take you to the hospital!)
  4. As long as you smile it appears you can even make a good impression at a job interview even with a black eye!

No comments:

Next Previous Home