Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's going to be a white jul!

Hi everyone,
Just got home from town at 2am and it's snowing. How exciting! My Swedish friends all laughed at me of course when I skipped and danced about in town, but I still think that it is exciting. I hope you like this picture of my street tonight.

I have talked Swedish most of the night and find it hard to write in English. I can't quite understand Swedish, as they talk so fast, but I seem to be able to talk Swedish when drunk. (Some of you may say I was always a better listener than speaker!!!).

Sweden is not so cold. It actually feels warmer here than Christchurch in winter because you are warm whentever you are inside. Outside is so cold but it is dry so even though my only pair of shoes have a large hole in them I can still run in the snow!

The thing that is causing me problem is the dark. Believe it or not I can't sleep. I feel like sleeping around 7pm, (4 hours after dark). I don't sleep then, as it is too early, but I don't feel sleepy again until way after 12pm. As I try to wake about 8:30am to make sure I get as much daylight as possible, I am getting really tired.... Sweden is really strange and does strange things to your body. Atleast there is snow and it is looking like it will be a white (jul =) Christmas for me as more snow is forcast. Yippee.

No comments:

Next Previous Home